Before the first inspection for each permit on a project site (except noise and sign/billboard), the contractor must send an email with the required COVID site safety documentation to SDCI. The email must include the record number in the subject line, and the name and phone number of the COVID site safety contact in the body of the email. You can now email your COVID site safety documentation to SDCI from the Seattle Services Portal.
For first inspections of trade permits related to construction permits, complete the process below. Be sure to copy the general contractor in the email in step 7 so SDCI can confirm the site safety requirements are in place.
For a complete description of the requirements, see Governor Inslee’s Phase 2 construction restart document and the City of Seattle Construction Inspection Requirements.
SDCI inspectors may refuse to conduct an inspection due to an unsafe job site or if the site does not meet the Governor’s COVID site safety requirements.
Submit Your Documentation
- Navigate to the Seattle Services Portal
- Enter your Record Number in the “Search All Records” search box and press Enter
- The search results will return a list of projects or take you directly to your project Record Details page (skip to step 5 if you get the Records Detail page)
- Find your Record Number in the search results list and click the Blue Record Number Link
- Select Inspections and Appointments
- Click Open the Email Form link in the yellow notification box
- Your email program will open a new email with template text that you need to edit for your project
- Make sure the Record Number is in the subject line
- Add the Name and Phone Number of the COVID site safety contact in the body of the email
- Click Send
- Your email will be uploaded to the permit record in the subject line
This will allow the SDCI inspector to confirm that the site has the required COVID‐19 protocols in place per Governor Inslee’s Phase 2 plan. We will not inspect your project without this required COVID site Safety documentation.
- Notify your SDCI inspector if COVID‐19 symptoms are present on job site before the inspection
- Make sure the contractor or responsible party personally verifies the job site is ready for inspection
The COVID‐19 safety supervisor or another designated individual must be available to escort the City inspector and provide safe access to the inspection area.