If you haven’t yet claimed your building, see the How to Claim a Building article.
If you need to add a new contact, remove a contact, or edit a contact to a previously submitted Claim, you’re in the right place. You may need to add a contact to an already claimed building if you forgot to add the Tune-Up Specialist you’ve hired to conduct your building’s Tune-Up, for example. Since the Tune-Up Specialist will submit the Tune-Up, he or she needs to be listed as a contact on the Claim. Likewise, there may be a case where a building’s property manager changes and the previous property manager should no longer have access. This contact should be removed. Lastly, perhaps you recently moved to a new location. You should edit the address in the Claim.
Once you’ve submitted a Claim via the Claim a Building process (and need to add, remove, or edit a contact),
- Log into the Seattle Services Portal, click the “My Records” tab in the menu bar at the top of the page, then click “Building Tune-Ups” to see all of your Building Tune-Ups records.
- Find the Claim record for the particular building where you need to add, remove, or edit a contact. It will start with “BTU-CLM…”. Under the Action column, click the “Make Changes” link.
- This will take you to the Contact List page where you’ll see any contacts that were originally added to the Claim through the Claim a Building process. This is also where any additions, removals, or edits to contacts can be made. Please read the contacts carefully and determine what, if any, changes need to be made.
- To add a new contact, click either the Look Up or Add New button. If you need more help adding a contact, please reference the How to Claim a Building article which contains detailed instruction.
- To remove a contact, click the “Delete” link next to the contact you’d like to remove. Next, click the OK button to confirm the deletion.
- To edit a contact, click on the contact’s name or business name. In the window that opens, make any necessary edits, then press the Continue button.
- Once all additions, removals, and edits to contacts have been completed, click the Continue Application button to proceed.
- On the Review page, please look over all information you input. If anything is not correct, click the Edit button next to the relevant section. Once you've verified that everything is correct, scroll to the bottom of the page and check the box certifying everything is true and correct. Finally click the Continue Application button to submit your Claim which now contains updated contact information.