There are several reasons why you may not be able to find your application or permit.
- You must have a Seattle Services Portal account.
- You must be logged in to your Seattle Services account.
- You must be a contact or delegate on the application or permit to see most documents.
This article helps you understand how to find your record and determine whether you are authorized to make changes.
How Can I Find My Record?
- Login to the Seattle Services Portal.
IMPORTANT: If you do not yet have a Seattle Services Portal account, you must register before proceeding.
- In the upper left corner of the screen, click on the My Records tab. A list of records displays.
- Review the records that display. If your record appears in My Records list, then you are a contact or delegate on the record and are able to make changes.
- If your record does not appear in your My Records list, then you are not a contact or delegate on the record, or your Seattle Services Portal account is not linked to this record. This means you cannot request amendments or upload documents. See section below for What Should I Do if I Can't Upload Documents or Make Changes to a Street Use Record.
What Should I Do if I Can't Upload Documents or Make Changes to a Street Use Record?
- Check to see if you are a contact on the record. To find who is a contact on the record, open the Seattle Services Portal.
- On the Home page, click Go to All Records Search. Enter your record number and click Search.
TIP: If you do not know the record number, search by address or name under Find Existing on the Home page.
- With the permit open, scroll down to Record Details.
- Note the contacts on the record such as Applicant, Owner, Financially Responsible Party and Onsite Contact.
- If you are not a contact on the record, you have two options:
- Ask one of these contacts to submit a request to add you to the record. Once the request is submitted, access is immediate. Refer to How Do I Give Someone Access to My Record.
- Ask one of these contacts to delegate to you. Refer to Video: How to Add a Delegate to Your Account and How to Add a Delegate to Your Account.
- If you are a contact on the record but are not able to upload documents or make changes, then it is possible that your Seattle Services Portal account is not linked to this record. See section below for How to Get Help.
How to Get Help
If you need assistance with accessing your permits, contact us for help. To speed up the process, please have your permit number(s) and details available.
Send an email to SDOTPermits@seattle.gov. Provide your name, your organization’s name (if applicable), and your permit number(s). Please describe the help you need in as much detail as possible for a faster turnaround.