Tune-Up Specialists are those who conduct Building Tune-Ups and submit the Building Tune-Up Summary reports to the City. They are also required for several Alternative Compliance pathways. After submitting a Tune-Up Specialist application and being approved, you will be able to submit Building Tune-Up reports and Alternative Compliance requests on behalf of your clients. The person who claims the building (whether that is the Tune-Up Specialist, the building owner, or an owner’s agent) should add the Tune-Up Specialist to the Claim, assuming their compliance pathway requires one.
1. To register as a Tune-Up Specialist, log in to your Seattle Services Portal account at https://cosaccela.seattle.gov, then click on the Building Tune-Ups link in the Create New section.
2. Click the carrot next to Register as a Tune-Up Specialist to display the Building Tune-Up Specialist Registration radio button. Select it, then click the Continue Application button.
3. Click the Select from Account button to add your contact information. Review your information then click the Continue Application button.
4. Click the Add a Row button in the Credentials section; this will open a new pop-up window called Credentials. Click the arrow in the Credential Type drop-down list and select a qualification you currently have. Next, enter the License/Certification # and Date of certification/renewal before clicking the Submit button.
5. Repeat the same process by clicking the Add a Row button in the Experience section; this will open the Experience pop-up window. Complete the form and click the Submit button.
6. You may add additional rows if necessary to either section, but at least one row in each section is required. Once you’ve added at least one row to both the Credentials and Experience sections, click the Continue Application button at the bottom.
7. On the Supporting Documents page, you can add a supporting document if you would like to attach one. To do so, click the Add button; this will open the File Upload pop-up window.
8. Click Add then select a file from your computer that you’d like to attach. Next, click the Continue button.
9. Enter a description of the document you just uploaded, then click Save. Finally, click Continue Application to proceed.
10. On the Review page, please look over all the information you input. If anything is not correct, click the Edit button next to the relevant section. Once you’ve verified that everything is correct, scroll to the bottom of the page and check the box certifying everything is true and correct, then click the Continue Application button to submit your Tune-Up Specialist registration application.