Once you have submitted your Historic Preservation Certificate of Approval application, you may receive requests from Department of Neighborhoods staff for additional or revised documents. You will receive an email notifying of you these requests with details about the documents required. Additional submissions are called amendments to your original application.
Submitting Additional Documents
- Log on to the Seattle Services Portal.
- Select My Records.
- Find the application and click Make Changes on the far right.
- Select DON Upload Documents and click Continue Application.
- On Step1, select the applicant.
- To use the contact associated with your account, click Select from Account. Your contact information is automatically added.
- To create a new contact, click Add New and complete the fields:
- If the contact information you enter matches a contact that is already in the system, that contact is displayed.
- To use an existing contact, click Look Up, complete the fields, and click Look Up again.
- When search results appear, select the button next to the contact you want to use and click Continue.
- When you have selected the contact, click Continue Application.
- If you need to update the Building/Property Name or Detailed Description from the original submission, you can provide those details on Step 2, then click Continue Application.
- In step 3, upload the requested documents:
- Click Select under Attachment.
- Click Select again.
- Select the file from your computer or a network drive and click Open.
- When the upload shows 100%, click Done.
- Select the document type and click Save. Repeat to upload additional documents.
You cannot delete documents once they have been uploaded.
- Once you have completed uploading documents, click Continue Application.
- You can review the application before submitting it; click Edit to update a specific step.
- Click Continue Application. The additional information is submitted.