- Go to the Seattle Services Portal
- Click on Public Comments under Create New
- Read the information on making an effective comment, then click Comment on a Project
- Select a project using one of these methods:
- Click on a map dot
- Search using the project Address or Record Number in the upper left corner next to the search bar
- On the map card pop-up, click Start Comment
- Complete the comment form, including your contact information and comment, and upload any supporting documents or photos (optional)
Public comment extensions: If the comment period is eligible to be extended, you will see a checkbox with the text “I request to extend the public comment period” below the email address field. If you want to request an extension of the comment period, check that box. (If you do not see this option, the official comment period either has not started or has passed; however, we accept and review all comments received, even if they were submitted outside of the official comment period).
- Click Submit Comment
- Your comment will be automatically upload to the file and you will see a confirmation that we received your comment
- If you provided an email address, you will receive an email with a link to your comment
If you requested to extend a comment period and the system was unable to process your request automatically, SDCI staff will be notified and will manually extend the comment period.