Claiming a Building is the first step in the Building Tune-Ups process. Once a building is claimed, you may then take steps towards getting your building into compliance. A building must be claimed before a qualified Tune-Up Specialist can submit the Building Tune-Up Summary report, or before you submit a request for Alternative Compliance.
To start the “Claim a Building” process, locate the letter that the City of Seattle Building Tune-Ups program mailed the building owner or owner’s agent. The letter includes a claim code that is required during the "Claim a Building" process. If you need assistance, please contact us at 206-727-TUNE (8863) or by email at BuildingTuneUps@seattle.gov.
- Once logged into the Seattle Services Portal, click Building Tune-Ups under the Create New section.
- Expand the selection by clicking the carrot next to Claim a Building, then click the Claim a Building radio button. Next, click the Continue Application button.
- Referencing the claim letter you received from the Building Tune-Ups program, enter the Claim Code and OSE Building ID before clicking the Continue Application button.
- Please review the information in the Building Details, Address, and Additional Addresses sections, which are presented as read-only. This information has been provided from the City's benchmarking database to help you confirm the correct building is being claimed. Additional addresses are displayed because the main address on file with the King County Assessor’s office may be different than the one you typically use when referring to your facility. If the building is not a match, contact us at BuildingTuneUps@seattle.gov or 206-727-TUNE. If this is your building, click the Continue Application button.
- You must now add "contacts" to the Claim. Anyone added here will have access to see Building Tune-Ups related submittals for this building. Start by adding yourself. To add yourself, click the Select from Account button.
- From the drop-down, select your relationship to the building (likely Owner or Owner's Agent). Next, click Continue.
- After adding yourself, add the owner (if you are not the owner). To do so, click the Look Up button to search for the owner (email is generally recommended). If the owner does not have an account on the Seattle Services Portal, instead click Add New. Fill out the owner's contact information. The owner should be listed as an Organization. Click the Continue button.
- If you plan to comply via a pathway that requires a qualified Tune-Up Specialist, you'll need to add a "Building Tune-Up Specialist" as well. Repeat the Look Up process to do so. Select "Building Tune-Up Specialist" from the drop-down list, then click the Continue button.
- After inputting all contacts, click the Continue Application button to proceed.
- On the Review page, please look over all information you input. If anything is not correct, click the Edit button next to the relevant section. Once you've verified that everything is correct, scroll to the bottom of the page and check the box certifying everything is true and correct. Finally click the Continue Application button to submit your Claim.
- Once you've successfully claimed your building, you may return the Seattle Services Portal home page to submit a Building Tune-Up or Alternative Compliance request.
Article is closed for comments.