The Building Tune-Ups Summary report is the most typical path for building owners to achieve compliance. Only registered and approved Tune-Up Specialists can submit this report, so first you must register as a Tune-Up Specialist and be approved by the City. Additionally, the approved Tune-Up Specialist must have already been added to the Claim a Building record before starting the Building Tune-Ups Summary report.
1. Once logged into the Seattle Services Portal, click Building Tune-Ups under the Create New section.
2. Expand the selection by clicking the carrot next to Start a Building Tune-Up, then click the Building Tune-Up radio button. Next, click the Continue Application button.
3. Enter the OSE Building ID and then click the Continue Application button. Note that you, as the Tune-Up Specialist, must have already been added to the Claim a Building record in order to proceed. If you need assistance, please contact us at 206-727-TUNE (8863) or by email at BuildingTuneUps@seattle.gov.
4. Please review the information in the Building Details, Address, and Additional Addresses sections. Please note these fields are all read-only. This information has been provided from the City's benchmarking database to help you confirm the correct building. Additional addresses are displayed because the main address on file with the King County Assessor’s office may be different than the one typically used when referring to the facility. If the building is not a match, contact us at BuildingTuneUps@seattle.gov or 206-727-TUNE. If this is the correct building, click the Continue Application button.
5. The Associated Contacts page contains all of the contacts that were added on the Claim a Building record. The contacts are read-only, so if any changes are needed, they must be done on the Claim a Building record. If the contacts are correct, click the Continue Application button.
6. Please follow the instructions and input all information requested on the Building Summary page. Fields with red asterisks are required. When complete, click the Continue Application button.
7. On the Building Systems, we are interested in knowing the most important spaces in the building from an energy-consuming perspective, as well as which system(s) serve those spaces. You must add at least one row to each of the seven sections. To begin, click the Add a Row button in the Spaces section.
8. After clicking Add a Row, a new pop-up window will open. Complete the fields, then click the Submit button.
9. You will now see that the first space you entered, along with its square footage, are shown. Add additional rows in the Spaces table as needed, then scroll down to the Heating Systems section. Like before, click Add a Row. This will open a new pop-up window where you’ll enter information about the heating system(s) in the building, as well as which space(s) they serve. The spaces should match the ones you entered previously in the Spaces section. Repeat this same process for the remaining sections: Cooling Systems, Ventilation Systems, Distribution Systems, Domestic Hot Water Systems, and Lighting Technologies. Note that for some fields, additional help may be obtained by clicking on the blue question mark icon next to the question. When all sections are complete, click the Continue Application button.
10. Complete all fields on the Additional Building Info section, then click Continue Application. You should proceed similarly throughout the entire report as you input building details and the findings of the Building Tune-Up you conducted. You will go through the following pages:
- Benchmarking Validation
- Billing Analysis
- HVAC Elements – Operations
- HVAC Elements – Maintenance
- Lighting Tune-Up Elements
- DHW Tune-Up Elements
- Water Usage
- Envelope Tune-Up Elements
- Summary of Tune-Up Findings
11. Finally, you will arrive to the Review page. Please look over all the information you input. If anything is not correct, click the Edit button next to the relevant section. Once you’ve verified that everything is correct, scroll to the bottom of the page and check the box certifying everything is true and correct, then click the Continue Application button to submit your Building Tune-Ups Summary report.
12. After submitting the report, you’ll see a confirmation of the submittal on the “Thank you” page. This page will contain a Record Number that begins with “BTU-”. You’ll also receive an email notification. Click the Print/View Summary button to create a summary report of your responses. Save or print this for your records.
The City will then review your Building Tune-Up Summary report, and can approve, deny, or request additional information.