Restricted Parking Zones (RPZs) are residential areas where on-street parking is restricted except for residents and short-term visitors. Refer to the RPZ website for an explanation of fees and eligibility rules.
To submit an online application for a Residential Parking Zone permit, follow these steps:
- Login to the Seattle Services Portal.
IMPORTANT: If you do not yet have a Seattle Services portal account, you must register before proceeding. Be aware when setting up a new account that the contact information you enter should match the contact information you want to use on your application.
- In the Create New box, click Permits - Parking & Truck.
- Select Restricted Parking Zone - RPZ Residential Application if you have a vehicle registered in Washington State at the RPZ address, or would like a Guest permit. Select Restricted Parking Zone - RPZ Short Term Application if you need a short term (1-day or 60-day) permit. Click Continue Application. Tip: If you already have an RPZ permit but would like to add another permit, see How to Request Additional Restricted Parking Zone Permits.
- Input your address and click Search. For best results, only enter the Street Number and Street Name when searching for the address. When entering a Street Name for a numbered street, such as 8th Ave, only enter "8" in the Street Name field. The system will search the address you enter to verify it is a valid address. Click on your address from the Address Search Result List and click Select.
- Enter your apartment or unit number if you have one. Enter only the number or letter for your unit. E.g., for #412, enter "412", or for suite A, enter "A". Click Continue Application.
- Provide your contact information. To add the Applicant contact information, click Select from Account to auto-populate the contact information from your user account. If the Applicant is someone else, click Look Up to find an existing Contact, or click Add New to create a new Contact. Repeat this process for the Financially Responsible Party contact and the Alternate Mailing Contact (if applicable). Click Continue Application.
- Fill out the remaining application questions. Hover over the blue circled question mark for more information about each field.
- Select the desired Permit Type from the drop-down menu. You have the option of selecting a vehicle Decal or a Guest permit. If you select Decal, provide the vehicle information requested.
- To add additional permits to your application, click Add a Row and repeat Step 8. The maximum number of RPZ permits that can be issued to an address is 4 vehicle Decals and 1 Guest permit. Click Continue Application.
- You are shown your total estimated fees. Click Continue Application.
- To upload the required documents, click Select to open the File Upload window and click Select again. Search your computer for the file(s) to be uploaded. Once uploaded, select Done.
- For each uploaded document, select the Document Type from the drop-down menu and add a brief description. Click Save. Then click Continue Application.
- Review your application. If changes are needed, click Edit next to the section you want to update. Once reviewed, click the box at the bottom of the page to confirm that the information provided is correct. Click Continue Application.
- Your application is now submitted. An email has been sent to the Applicant email address with a link to a 10-day temporary permit that you may use while your application is being reviewed.
IMPORTANT: It takes 5-10 days for applications to be reviewed. You will be notified via email once your application is approved or if more information is needed. Once approved, you are able to submit payment. Once payment is made, you are automatically issued a new temporary permit to use while you wait for your permits to arrive in the mail, which typically takes 4-5 days.