Restricted Parking Zones (RPZs) are residential areas where on-street parking is restricted except for residents and short-term visitors. Refer to the RPZ website for an explanation of fees and eligibility rules.
If you do not yet have an RPZ permit, please see How to Submit a Restricted Parking Zone Application. If you already have an Restricted Parking Zone permit and would like additional RPZ permits for the same address, follow these steps:
- Login to the Seattle Services Portal.
- Click on My Records and select My Records Overview.
- Click the blue Show box to expand your Permits - Parking and Truck records. Locate your existing RPZ - Residential License record and click Make Changes.
- Select RPZ - Residential Add Permit. Click Continue Application.
- The address information will auto-populate to the RPZ address for your existing permits. Click Continue Application.
- Select Yes or No to the low-income applicant question and click Continue Application.
- Select the desired Permit Type from the drop-down menu. You have the option of selecting a vehicle Decal or a Guest permit. If you select Decal, provide the vehicle information requested.
- To add more than one permit to your application, click Add a Row and repeat Step 7. The maximum number of RPZ permits that can be issued to an address is 4 vehicle Decals and 1 Guest permit. Click Continue Application.
- You are shown your total estimated fees. Click Continue Application.
- To upload the required documents (if any), click Select to open the File Upload window and click Select again. Search your computer for the file(s) to be uploaded. Once uploaded, select Done. Note: You might not be prompted to provide any additional documentation, in which case, just click Continue Application.
- For each uploaded document (if any), select the Document Type from the drop-down menu and add a brief description. Click Save. Then click Continue Application.
- Review your application. If changes are needed, click the blue Edit button next to each section to make changes. Once reviewed, click the box at the bottom of the page to confirm that the information provided is correct and that you agree to the Conditions of Use. Click Continue Application.
- Your application is now submitted. An email has been sent to the Applicant email address with a link to a 10-day temporary permit that you may use while your application is being reviewed.
IMPORTANT: It takes 5-10 days for applications to be reviewed. You will be notified via email once your application is approved or if more information is needed. Once approved, you are able to submit payment. Once payment is made, you are automatically issued a new temporary permit to use while you wait for your permits to arrive in the mail, which typically takes 4-5 days.