This article tells you how to submit your property private inspection results. It also includes instructions on how to pay the associated fees to get your Certificate of Compliance.
Submit Your Property Private Inspection Results
- Log in to the Seattle Services Portal
- Select Rental Housing Registration (RRIO) under Create New Section
- Click on the Rental Housing header to open the drop-down menu of available actions
- Select Rental Property Inspection – Private Inspector and click Continue Application
- Enter the inspection record ID number and click the Continue Application
Your customer should provide you with the inspection record number that was listed on their RRIO Inspection notice. Example format: 004-9999999.
- Verify that the address returned for the inspection record number is the property address for which you are submitting inspection results (if it's not, click on Record Search, and repeat Step 5)
- Verify that the contacts for the property are correct
If the contacts are not correct or a notification is displayed indicating missing contact information, please call RRIO at (206) 684-4110.
- Enter the date you inspected the property
- Click on the Actions dropdown by each unit and select Edit
- Enter the inspection results for the unit and click on the Submit button
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 for each unit inspected and for the common area
- If all units and the common area passed inspection, you don't need to upload any documents; skip to step 21
- Upload a copy of the RRIO Checklist Failure Results for each unit or common area that failed inspection
When submitting documents to RRIO, please use standard naming convention by assigning a specific/unique name to each document that you submit. RRIO uses a naming convention that includes the inspection record ID number and address ending with the letter S (single-family) or M (multi-family). Example Format: 004-0012345 – 700 5th Ave M or 004-0012350 – 1234 1st Street S.
- Click on the Select button to upload copies of the checklists
- Click Select in the File Upload window
- Navigate to where your document is saved, select it, and click the Open button
- Click on the Done button after the file has uploaded and is 100 percent complete
- Click on the Type tab for a drop down list and select RRIO Checklist Failure Result
- Enter a Description and then click Save
- Repeat steps 13 through 19 for each unit or common area that failed inspection
- Click on Continue Application
- Review your application; click Edit to make corrections or Continue Application if everything is correct
If your inspection results included units or the Common Area that did not pass inspection, the following Thank You image is displayed. When you have re-inspected the failed units or common area, you will need to create a new application.
If all of the units and the Common Area that you inspected passed, you will need to pay a $40 filing fee and 5% technology fee before we will issue your Certificate of Compliance. If you will pay the fee, follow the instructions below. If your customer will pay the fee, please give them the -004 record number on the confirmation screen and let them know they need to pay the fees.
Pay Your Inspection Result Application Fee
- Click on My Records in the Seattle Services Portal
- Locate the application you submitted and click on Pay Fees Due
- Review the information displayed and click on Checkout
- Click on the Checkout button in your cart
- Enter your payment information and click on Submit Payment
- You will see a confirmation page if you have successfully paid your fees
- When all the fees related to the inspection, including any late inspection fees, have been paid, we will email a copy of the Certificate of Compliance to you and the property owner contacts on the record
Please sign in to leave a comment.