SDCI accepts Early Design Guidance (EDG) applications on a rolling basis, based on when a complete application is submitted. You don't need to schedule an intake appointment for EDG applications. Please keep in mind that your pre-submittal notes must be approved by the City before you can submit an EDG application.
- Login to your Seattle Services Portal account or create one if necessary
- Click My Records
- Find the correct record from your project list that ends with an -EG suffix
Note: Use the filters to refine your search and narrow your results. If necessary, use the next page or page number tool at the bottom of the page to locate your record.
- Click the Make Changes button (do not click on the Record Number link)
Note: If you are submitting materials for permit application intake, in response to corrections, or in response to request from us for additional information, you must use the Make Changes button that appears next to the record on the My Records page. This will ensure your materials are seen and put in the queue for us to review. (You should only upload materials through the record attachments page when SDCI staff specifically tell you to do so.)
- Select Upload Documents from the list of options
If you do not see the Upload Documents option, then we do not need additional documents at this time.
- Click the Continue Application button
- If you are prompted for Applicant information, add yourself as the applicant by clicking Select From Account
- Add the contact information and then click Continue Application
- When asked for the Purpose for adding a document, this answer defaults and cannot be changed; simply click Continue Application
- Add attachments by clicking the Select button
- Click Select again to find your files on your computer
- Select the required document (you can pick multiple documents) from your files and click Open
- Repeat steps 12 and 13 until you have selected all your documents
- Once you see your file names displayed in the Upload Documents dialog box, click Done
- For each document, select the attachment Type from the drop-down menu; you must use these exact titles:
- Design Review EDG Proposal - Draft
- Statement of Financial Responsibility/Agent Authorization
The system has a character limit for file names, so if it is too long, you may get an error message. Do not include any special characters in the file name
- In the Description field, please type the following:
- For Design Review EDG Proposal - Draft, type “draft EDG packet”
- For Statement of Financial Responsibility/Agent Authorization, type “financial responsibility”
- Click Save
- Once you see your file names displayed in the Upload Documents dialog box, click Continue Application
- Review your information
- If you want to add additional documents, click Edit and follow the upload steps again
- Once you have finished reviewing your information and documents, click Continue Application until you receive the Thank You screen
- You can verify that the documents were uploaded, and you have completed this application submittal, by going back to your My Records tab at the upper left corner of the page
Please sign in to leave a comment.