If you are the new owner of a registered rental property, you must first log into or create a user account and then claim ownership of the rental registration. You can transfer an existing registration by using these How to Transfer Ownership of a Registered Rental Property instructions.
- Login to your Seattle Services Portal account
- Click My Records
- Find the correct record from your project list
Note: Use the filters to refine your search and narrow your results. If necessary, use the next page or page number tool at the bottom of the page to locate your record.
- Click the Renew Application button under the action column to begin the renewal process
- Verify the listed contact information is correct and click Continue Application
- Review the property information on the rental registration; to make changes to unit information, select the unit and click the appropriate button
- Click the Checkbox to indicate your property complies with the RRIO standards
- Under the Drop-Down Menu, select who evaluated the RRIO Checklist
RRIO rental property registration requires that all rental units comply with the RRIO Checklist standards. You may evaluate the requirements yourself or hire an inspector to perform a pre-registration inspection to ensure that rental units meet the standards.
- Click Continue Application
- Confirm all your information is correct and click Continue Application
- Review the renewal fee and then click Checkout
- Click Checkout again
- Enter your payment card information (or follow the instructions in How Do I Pay by Check?)
- Click Submit Payment and review your receipt
- Your property registration certificate, good for two years, will be automatically generated and sent to your email