The Seattle Services Portal provides useful information about your Street Use or Urban Forestry application or permit. All records, such as applications, issued permits, and amendment requests have tabs for accessing information about the record.
This article provides a summary of the information available on each tab for your application or permit.
- Record Details Tab
- Status Tab
- Related Records Tab
- Attachments Tab
- Inspections Tab
- Required Documents & Conditions Tab
- Fees Tab
In addition to the tabs, standard information is always displayed at the top of each tab:
- Record Number: The unique number assigned to your record. A record may be an application, issued permit, or amendment request.
- Record Type: The type of record, such as ROW Construction.
- Record Status: The status of the application or permit, such as Awaiting Corrections, Waiting for Payment, or Issued. Refer to What Does My Record Status Mean for a summary of all record statuses.
- Expiration Date: For issued permits, the date this permit expires. Only displays once the permit is issued.
Record Details Tab
The Record Details tab provides a summary of your application or permit.
- Work Location is the project address.
- Record Details has subsections for information that was entered on the application at the time of submission plus any updates made during review and approval of the application.
- Project Description: The description of the project.
- Contacts: Each contact on the record and their role, such as Applicant, Owner, Financially Responsible Party or Onsite Contact. Additional contacts, such as Contractor or Contact also display.
- Application Information: Information specific to the application such as customer reference or work order numbers. This information varies somewhat based on the type of permit.
- Additional Information Table: Right-of-way (ROW) use details for each use, when applicable. Referred to as use code for some record types.
The Status tab displays information about where your application or permit is in the application process.
- Each item in the list under Status is a step in the application process.
- Green checkmarks indicate that the step is complete.
- Hourglass icons indicate that the step is in process; more than one step can be in process at a time.
- Each active or completed step expands to show who is assigned to the step (when applicable), the targeted due date, and any comments.
TIP: Click a black arrow to expand a step to see the step details. Click the arrow again to hide the details.
Refer to help article Understanding the Street Use Permit Process, Record Status, Target Dates, and Permit Timelines for more information.
Related Records Tab
The Related Records tab displays other records that are somehow related to the record you are looking at. Related records may include amendments (such as date change, extension, revision, or withdrawal request).
- Record Number: Number assigned to the record.
- Record Type: Type of record – a permit, some type of amendment, or an invoice.
- Project Name: Name of the project entered on the application. Street Use prefixes any project name with the project address.
TIP: Click View associated with a record to open it.
To view documents associated with your application or permit or to upload documents, use the Attachments tab. The documents include those you provided with your Application and those added by SDOT staff. Documents added automatically by the system are also displayed, such as your Permit Report, Payment Reminders, or Inspection Results Reports.
The Document Status column tells you the review status of each document you provided for your application. Documents added by the system do not have a status.
- Application Package: Received but not reviewed
- Review: Being reviewed by Street use staff or other reviewers
- Approved: Complete and correct for this application
- Archive: No longer current for your application, such as old versions of required documents
TIP: If you have more than five documents, additional documents are listed on additional pages. Click the page numbers at the bottom of the page to go to a different page.
For more information on uploading documents, see help article How to Upload Documents.
The Inspections page has two sections. The top section is for pending or scheduled inspections. Scheduled inspections display with the scheduled date and the inspector’s name. Click the Actions dropdown to schedule or reschedule an inspection. The bottom section is for completed inspections. Click the View Details link for the inspector’s comments on the result.
For Information about the Inspections tab, refer to help article How to Request or Reschedule a Street Use Inspection.
Required Documents & Conditions Tab
To view any outstanding document requirements, use the Required Documents & Conditions tab. The tab displays only when there are documents needed or when a condition exists. The document status tells you which documents are still needed.
- Pending: New document required
- Update Required: Update required of a document already provided
- Received: Document received and no updates required at this time
- Completed: Document received and no updates required at this time
- Waived: Not required
TIP: If you have more than five required documents, some requirements will be on additional pages. Click the page numbers at the bottom of the page to progress to view the additional requirements.
Refer to the following help articles for more information:
- Video: How to Upload Revised Documents for an Existing Street Use Application
- How to Respond to Street Use Corrections
- How to Provide Documents to Begin the Next Phase Review for Your SIP
- How to Respond to Additional Information Requests from Street Use
The Fees tab displays paid and unpaid fees. The page has two sections. The top section has outstanding fees and a link to pay. The bottom section displays paid fees with a link to the receipt for each payment.
For information about viewing and paying your fees, refer to help article How to Find and Pay Fees Due for Your Street Use Application or Permit.