Before you request to withdraw a record, be sure:
- You are a contact on the record you want to withdraw. If you do not see the Make Changes button for the record you may not be a contact on the record.
- The record is in a status that allows you to withdraw the application. You cannot withdraw a record with a status of Awaiting Information, Ready for Intake, Ready for Publication, or Ready for Issuance.
- You may not be able to withdraw other record types if staff are actively working on tasks for that application. If your record has a status of Reviews In Process, In Process, or a similar status, contact the assigned SDCI staff to tell them you are withdrawing the record.
- Read Frequently Asked Questions About SDCI Review Status and Target Due Dates for more information about finding the record status and the assigned staff.
- You complete the steps below before requesting a refund.
Follow the steps below to successfully withdraw a record (application).
- Login to the Seattle Services Portal
- Find your record by using the Search function or from your My Records list
- Click Make Changes
- From the list of options, select Withdrawal Request – Permits and click Continue Application
- Accept the address located for the record by the system by clicking Continue Application
- Add an applicant for the withdrawal application by choosing either Select from Account, Add New, or Look Up
- Click Continue Application
- Enter your Reason for Withdrawing Application or Permit and click Continue Application
- Attach optional documents (not required, not common, not shown) and/or click Continue Application.
- Review your request information and click Edit to make corrections or click Continue Application
To request a refund of any eligible permit fees, submit a completed cancellation/refund form to firstname.lastname@example.org after you have completed the steps above. Please be aware that in rare circumstances additional fees may be due after withdrawing a permit.
Once the withdrawal process is complete, the record will remain in your My Records list but the status should indicate Withdrawn. If you’d like to create a collection of withdrawn records to hide them on your My Records list, follow the instructions in How to Add Records to a Collection.